.

Listen to the Mustn'ts, child, listen to the Don'ts.
Listen to the Shouldn'ts, the Impossibles, the Won'ts.

Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me.
Anything can happen, child, Anything can be.

-Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Query Score Tied at 1!

First, the housekeeping issue of the day. The winner of the Easter Egg contest is…

Brenda Fisher!

Email me your book of choice and your address and I will have Amazon run it on over to you.

Now, onto today’s post. I am happy to update you on the 8 queries I sent out. As of today the score is tied at one rejection and one “Gee I didn’t run screaming in the other direction after Chapter 1 so please send me the entire book and then I’ll reject you.” That’s right ladies and gentlemen, I was asked for a full manuscript. Yippee!!! I was so shaky after the request that I went and ran 4 miles just to calm down. It’s a small step, but it’s a step. I only have 6 more to go…

On the reading front, this weekend I finished Veronica Roth’s DIVERGENT.


It was incredible. I highly recommend this one if you liked Hunger Games…or if you just like a good book. I really must stop falling in love with so many fictional characters. The least someone could do is name them all "Ben" so I don’t get so confused all the time. I feel like Cybil. You know…if Cybil were a chubby little accountant wannabe writer.

Well, I’m off to have lunch with fabulous writer/blogger Brodi Ashton to talk about the wonderful world of writing. SO much better than work! What is everyone else up to?

7 comments:

  1. You rock! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, didn't Brenda win last time? Lame. I am soooooo excited for you! You inspire me. Also, you ran four miles? Well done there too. I am anxious to see how it goes with the manuscript so keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Divergent! Also, congrats on the full request. Your writing is wonderful--it deserves to be published. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the book request-so happy for you! Hope there is only good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Congrats on the full manuscript request! I bet you have at least one more coming your way. :)

    I'm definitely going to check out Divergent; I've been looking for a good read, can't wait to check it out. I also have yet to read Matched, so I guess I better get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the request for the full manuscript! That's way exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone who KNOWS good writing wants to read more of yours... Way to be a rock star!

    ReplyDelete