.

Listen to the Mustn'ts, child, listen to the Don'ts.
Listen to the Shouldn'ts, the Impossibles, the Won'ts.

Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me.
Anything can happen, child, Anything can be.

-Shel Silverstein

Friday, March 30, 2012

Warning: Not Sunday Approved


All is quiet on the rejection front...in case you wondered. What can that mean? Dare I dream?

My mother (who you would have to know to appreciate the fact that she even read my book in the first place) finished reading my book in three days and took me to lunch to discuss it. The first thing she told me is that--even though she couldn't put the book down, she couldn't bring herself to read it on the Lord's day because of the...salty content. Um...thank you? Ha, ha, ha. The sad thing is, I worked really hard to clean it up. I guess you can take the girl out of the Navy but you can't take the sailor out of the girl!


The second thing she did was sympathize with my characters and discuss the controversial ending of the book. Score! In a big way.

Needless to say, I am very happy with the feedback. Now that she is done, I have turned the book over to Ben for a read. I saved him for last because, as my husband, what he thinks matters the most to me. After one chapter, he doesn't think it's salty enough. Hmph. You can't please them all.

Today I am going to be getting our yard ready for grass seed and attending a home party for some sort of essential oils. I'm hoping I can score some oils that will help me drop 50 lbs, de-salt and win the lottery. What say you? Is there such an oil? I hear it's called frankincense.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment