.

Listen to the Mustn'ts, child, listen to the Don'ts.
Listen to the Shouldn'ts, the Impossibles, the Won'ts.

Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me.
Anything can happen, child, Anything can be.

-Shel Silverstein

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Snowflake Method

First, I have been reading 13 other 10 page manuscripts from the other participants in the class and I am happy to report that (in my own opinion) I do not have the suckiest 10 pages of the group.  Whew! 

Now that I am home from vacation and work has settled down, I am diving back into my book...I'm all over it like stink on a monkey!  One of Bree's fantastic suggestions was to use "The Snowflake Method".  It is 10 steps to writing my novel in a structured format.  It's a recipe - how great is that?  I am excellent with recipes.  I can bake like nobody's business, just ask my fans - Thunder Thighs, Badonka-donk Butt and Glutony Gut.  Cooking on the other hand?  I am better off eating off the floor of a chicken coop. 

So, I completed Step 1 tonight.  How about that, I am 10% done!  The assignment was to write a New York Times Bestseller one-line blurb.  Here is mine, what do you think?  For those of you who read the first 10 pages - does it fit?

A tormented young girl battles against herself and the unknown to win her freedom.

Stay tuned for Step 2....

No comments:

Post a Comment